Group in Bryn Mawr, PA & Linwood, NJ
- Does your son have any close friends his age?
- Can he make friends but seems to have trouble keeping them?
- Does he relate better to younger kids or adults than his same-age peers?
- Does he struggle with planning ahead?
- Are you constantly prompting him to get things done?
- Has therapy not been very effective in helping to develop his social and executive function skills?
Our groups provide an opportunity for boys to connect with similar-age boys learn skills and strategies they need to be successful in life.
Our groups are not “social skills groups” where we sit around and role play scripted, behaviors or learn overly formal etiquette that is not natural to the way boys communicate we each other. We teach skills & strategies to make and sustain friendships with similar-age boys and improve executive function skills. Groups are structured but informal and most importantly, they’re fun.
In group your son will learn:
- Understanding how he comes across to others and understanding others’ thoughts/feelings
- Being flexible for the sake of being part of a group/working with others
- Managing social anxiety around similar-age peers
- Learning how to feel the passage of time
- Differentiating between small & big problems, solving problems independently
- Showing interest in other boys in order to cultivate friendships
- Learning how to go from “lunch table friends” to “outside of school friends”
- How to plan ahead and break tasks into manageable parts
Click on the links below to learn more about what we do in groups:
Limited availability left in groups in Bryn Mawr. Linwood groups starting soon.
Please fill out the contact form below to discuss next steps.