- Has your son become less open about his feelings or emotions?
- Does he say that “everything’s fine” or “stop worrying” even though you know that something is bothering him?
- Is he quick to become angry, frustrated or does he cry easily?
- Does his father say “leave him alone he’s fine” despite the fact that your intuition tells you something is bothering him?
- Have you tried therapy and found it not to be effective?
As many parents have learned, traditional “talk therapy”/counseling is often ineffective for boys because it focuses on getting boys to verbalize their feelings and talk about problems which is counter-intuitive to how many boys and men communicate.
Skills we teach include:
- Managing emotions in a manner expected for one’s age
- Discerning the difference between “small problems”, “big problems” and responding appropriately
- Social problem solving skills
- Developing self-advocacy skills
- How to share emotions in a safe way with other guys
- How to ask for help in a way that feels comfortable
Contact us below to discuss how to we can help: