Welcome! My name is Ryan, I’m a Licensed Clinical Social Worker who has spent nearly 20 years working with kids and young adults as a School Social Worker, Camp Director and Clinician. I’m also the father to a son and an overly friendly dog with dreadlocks.
I created Ride the Wave Counseling because I saw a tremendous need for a new approach to counseling, designed specifically for males. Therapy was not designed for boys. The act of sitting across from someone who asks you to verbalize your innermost feelings is not how the male brain works which is why so many boys and young adults have adverse experiences in traditional “talk therapy”/counseling.
My approach is about teach practical skills and strategies in a manner designed for how the male brain learns best. While I specialize in ADHD, anxiety with ADHD, learning disabilities and related challenges I also work with guys who have no formal diagnosis. Parents are always involved in learning with their children.
Summer Trip Camp opened in 2017 as the first summer camp in the country designed for boys with ADHD or learning differences who need to improve their executive functioning, social skills and age-expected independence
I look forward to connecting with you.
Ryan Wexelblatt, LCSW, CAS
Ride the Wave Counseling & Summer Trip Camp Director
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker in New Jersey and Pennsylvania
- Certified New New Jersey School Social Worker
- Certified Autism Specialist
- Received Social Thinking® Clinical Training Level 1 Certificate of Completion
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Youth from the Beck Institute
- Extensive training in executive functioning support strategies
- Training from Temple University Children & Teen Anxiety Clinic
Please contact me below: